For obtaining a family visa to Kuwait one has to follow some procedures and steps in Kuwait. The family visa is valid for 90 days before entry, otherwise automatically canceled. A minimum of KD250 is required as the salary. The family visa can be applied for direct relatives such as parents, spouse, and children. As long as you have a proof of relationship, you can definitely come and visit. No eligibility or criteria is required. A working wife cannot sponsor her husband as dependent. Son’s age over 21 years cannot be sponsored as dependents, even if parents may sponsor their daughters up to marriage.
Documents required for applying a family visa
- Proof of relationship or kinship
- Sponsor’s salary certificate
- Copy of the civil ID of the sponsor
- Copy of the visitor’s valid passport
- Recent salary certificate for foreign sponsor
The procedures for obtaining a family visa
- Go to the Kuwait Embassy in your country and submit the required documents for a family visa.
- Fill the visa application form.
- Pay the fees due.
The family visa fees are:
*For Private sector employees:
100KD/person: during the first year for wife and the 2 first children and KD200 each for subsequent children.
*For Public sector employees:
10KD/person: during the first year for wife and the 2 first children and KD100 each for subsequent children.